When it comes to network security, it is easy for small to medium sized businesses to say “not me”, “they are only after the big guys.” The reality is that attacks on all networks have been increasing year after year as hackers have become more sophisticated, and small businesses are being affected every day by relaxed or non-existent security policies.
A 2013 study showed that 1 in every 5 small businesses networks would be compromised. With the ever-increasing technological advances, it is likely that since then, these numbers have climbed, posing a significant risk for a potential breach, lost or stolen data, or some type of malicious threat.
There are a number of ways Optistar helps to ensure that you are at minimum risk:
- Updates - Keeping computers and network equipment updated is one of the most effective steps to preventing a possible network security issue.
- Proactive Managed Antivirus - Most people know that antivirus and antispam software are necessary components of network security, but many people make the common mistake of believing they can “set and forget”. We proactively monitor, update and respond to threats as they are discovered.
- Advanced Web Security – preventing you and your employees from accidentally visiting websites with malicious code in them
- Managed Firewall Services - A common mistake in small to medium business networks is the lack of a business grade firewall solution. We will provide a firewall rental free of charge and then properly monitor, maintain and manage it for you.
- Security Awareness Training – one of the best ways to prevent attacks is to educate your employees so they can spot an attack and prevent a breach.
No matter the size of your business, cyber security is a definite requirement for every business in the digital age. If you are concerned or don’t know how well your business is protected, call us at 888-782-7003 for your free consultation.